Thread: Telluride?
View Single Post
Old October 17th 15, 01:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Telluride?

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 12:08:40 PM UTC-6, Toller wrote:
A friend has moved from the beautiful Northeast to Sedona AZ. He wants me to come out to visit him this winter; to drive up to Telluride for a few days. He has never been there, but says it is "only" a 6.5 hour drive.

I am a mediocre skier; I can do any groomed trail, but perhaps slowly. I've only been out west once; a few days in Tahoe. Groomed trails were wonderful; "powder" not so much.

I have never heard of anyone around going to Telluride; perhaps because it is in the middle of nowhere? Is it a reasonable place for me to go; will they have some groomed trails, is the drive from Sedona on decent roads?

Any advice would be appreciated. It seems like a very long drive to go skiing. (I can get to Whiteface in 5 hours, without having to fly 10 hours first...)

I skied Telluride. As an expert skier. But I can tell you that any destination has plenty of groomed for you to live out a weeks vacation. It was the early/mid 90's when I was there. What I remember most was that it was the first time I'd been in a smokefree, rockin', bar. Just go. You'll have fun unless you are determined not to. Brianhead? It is in Utah.
Ads