Old February 9th 10, 02:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Walt

Default There ought to be

VtSkier wrote:

As I wrote to LAL, no western trip for me this
year, but next year looks really good. Did you
hook up with Klaus near Solitude?

Last time I was there I met klaus and Bob Lee for beers apres ski, but
didn't ski with them. Their idea of fun is to hike for untracked
powder; I want to do laps on groomed, so as ski partners we're basically
incompatible.

Plus, there was no chance of me going out of bounds that weekend - it
was the first big dump of the season and the first new snow in awhile.
I don't know all that much about avalanches, but I know enough to stay
clear when the snowpack is unstable. A guy died in an avalanche right
outside of Solitude the day I was at Brighton. Not for me.

What we have here is also quite EasternFirm(tm),
I'll find out tomorrow how good the snowmaking
team has been over the past week.

Very firm here as well, and the snowmaking team is in coast mode. The
six feet of base they laid down in December hasn't melted.

For your 5 days in the land of Utahards, bite me.

I talked my friend from Boston into flying out to Michigan to ski for a
weekend. He'll be here in two weeks. That should be interesting....

//Walt