Old September 9th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
chuck

Default Buying the right board

I'm looking for some advice here. I'm 5'10" 180lbs with size 10 feet. I
do little park riding but do like to get air here and there. I mostly
ride on groomed/iced midwest runs, and want a board that manuveurs in
tight trees well. Very seldom do I get powder. 20%-30% of my riding is
done switch. I do like to try to lay down lines in the snow/ice riding
both directions on the board. My last 3 boards have been Burton Customs
156/162. It just seems these are a little (not much) narrow for me.

I think I have narrowed my next board down to these two. The Donek Twin
161 and the Prior AMF 159/162. I'm due for some boots too and may not
wish to go through the pain of breaking in size 10's again and may get
10.5s or 11.

Any suggestions or experiences with these boards will be appreciated.