Old January 30th 06, 03:58 PM

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Only if you want to live in denial. Sure, there are some older people out there on the
ski hills. They are a minority.

I don't know where you ski, but this observation sure doesn't apply here in the NW.
There are plenty of older skiers/riders where I go. A significant percentage of the
more advanced skiers and riders are 40+. They've got years of experience over
the 'kids'. Maybe they aren't competing on the racing circuit, but so what - they
are some of the best skiers on the hill. Totally in control, unlike a lot of the 'kids'.

When I put on my skis instead of the board, I am amazed how easy skiing is.
Certainly not too hard for my 'old' body. Skis sure can make bumps easier than a
snowboard, although I'm getting pretty good with the board also.

Bob