Old January 16th 04, 11:54 AM
Jeremiah Kristal

Default Places to Eat at Whistler???

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:55:09 -0800, "BillM"
wrote:

They do own West on Granville street in Vancouver, as well as CinCin and
Blue Water Cafe.

Back on the steak thing, we actually didn't know it was going to be that
much, which is why I added the price warning with my recommendation. The
tenderloin was $38, the ribeye $48, but there was no price on the NY. And
having had a few cocktails, we didn't think to ask. We just figured it would
be in the same range as the others. It was Kobe steak, which is really hard
to find outside Japan (that and the absence of a price on the menu should
have been a clue). We were pretty surprised when we got the bill.
It's not like I'm lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills here. I'm just
trying to pass on the lesson learned.

BillM

Aha! You didn't say it was Kobe beef. That should have clued you in
right away. In the rare instances that I find Kobe beef on the menu
of restaurants in NYC, it's usually US$75-100, which is something like
500 canuckbucks. (Just kidding, CAN$100-130.) Hmmm, looks like the
falling dollar isn't making Whistler to be the bargin it was the past
couple years.
(On a completely unrelated sidenote, Ouest in NYC, while not owned by
the same group, is certainly one of my favorite restaurants. I
recommend it highly.)

Jeremiah