Old January 16th 04, 01:44 AM
BillM

Default Places to Eat at Whistler???

It wasn't all that crowded when I lived there back in 83-84. I had just
graduated from high school and skiing was my life, but I'd never skiid
anywhere outside Oregon. After reading an article in Skiing mag about Vail I
packed up the boards and drove out there, got a job in the first few days at
McDonalds and lived in employee housing. The village was expensive, but with
roomates who were ski bums as well we learned how to make do.
Moving away from home to pursue what I loved with no job certainty was one
of the best moves I've ever made. I had one of the funnest years of my life
living in Vail, and the skiing was some of the best I've ever seen. I'd do
it all over again in a heartbeat. If that makes me nuts, so be it.

BillM

"Walt" wrote in message
BillM wrote:
lal wrote:
BillM wrote:

Prices were a bit steep (NY Steak $85 alone or $105 w/Fois Gris)..

Even in Canadian dollars, I have to ask: ARE YOU BLOODY NUTS!

Since a reservation is pretty much required, there must be a lot of

other
people that are nuts as well.

Well, yeah. There are lots of people who are so nutty that they go
somewhere that's both crowded and expensive. Ever been to Vail?

When I lived in Vail...

Ok. That explains things a bit.

--
//-Walt