Old May 9th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Roller skiing protective gear

On Wed, 09 May 2007 07:37:09 -0500, Randy AKA Cubby
wrote:

all I'm asking is for you to allow people who DO advocate
the use of protective gear to answer uninterrupted.

I'm perfectly happy to let people talk about how effective protective
gear is.

I'm not happy to let people advocate that protective gear should
always be used in relatively undangerous sports without responding to
that.

suppose we agree to disagree on the
NEED for protective gear and proceed
with the original thread of TYPES of protective gear.

I've got no problem with that, but your rants about "shattered lives"
and "drooling" certainly don't fit the sort of detached discussions.
If you're going to get hysterical about terrible injuries that are
profoundly rare in the activity you're undertaking (if done with a
modicum of common sense), expect some heat in response.

And do you find it rather odd in this
increasingly lengthy thread not
one person has supported your claims?

No I don't -- there have only been four or five people in this thread,
and given the flawed "conventional" wisdom about the vital importance
of helmet use on bike in the US, it's not surprising at all.
--
JT