Old November 6th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default what kind of board should i get? ;)

"jw" wrote in message
ps.com...

Anyone else stoked to snowboard? ;-)

I just picked up a $99 used Burton Canyon, hopefully to replace my previous $20
K2 Fatbob. I loved the Fatbob for pow and crud, and even on packed runs as long
as they weren't too icy. I'm hopeful the Canyon will have more pop for
manuevers, and handle icy conditions better. It is also longer (162) than the
Fatbob (155). My previous Ride Profile was probably a better board than the
fatbob, but I was constantly booting out on hard carves. I'm really looking
forward to trying out the Canyon.

Ahh! The life of a budget rider.

Less than a month to the first scheduled instructor clinics. I probably won't
get up before that even if the area opens, as I won't get my pass before then.

Bob