Old February 10th 06, 03:50 PM

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:23:15 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:12:23 GMT, "Norman"
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:02:41 -0000, " cupra"
wrote:

Norman wrote:

Was on a chairlift in Morzine last week trying to work out the
boarder/skier ratio.

It was roughly around 20:1.

It's opposite off piste where the real fun is

Haven't done much off piste yet. From my limited understanding it seems
having one great fat plank between your legs instead of two skinny ones
might be an advantage in deep powder?

If you've seen the latest generation of 'freeride' skis you'll realise
that a pair of them is almost as wide as a snowboard, which with the
extra length will give them as much 'float' as a board.

It does, of course, demand more skill, but then that's just another
way in which we can feel all superior ;-)

ignores bait :-)
--
Champ