Old February 10th 06, 02:41 PM

Norman wrote:
"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:13:29 GMT, "Norman"
wrote:

" cupra" wrote in message
Ace wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:02:41 -0000, " cupra"
wrote:

Norman wrote:

Was on a chairlift in Morzine last week trying to work out the
boarder/skier ratio. It was easy to do as generally, all the
people moving were skiers and all the people boarding were sat
down somewhere in the middle of the piste.
It was roughly around 20:1.

It's opposite off piste where the real fun is

Rubbish.

Tongue in cheek - hence the smiley!

When doing serious off-piste routes, it's quite rare to see
boarders, as there tends to be at least a bit of poleing, long
traverses and flat terrain. I know a few guys that would be happy
doing this sort of thing on boards, but the vast majority that
you see slightly off-piste don't tend to venture much further
afield.

I was seriously looking at a split board myself the other day in
Banff before my better half reminded me we're about to buy a
Rayburn!

What's wrong with an Aga?

It depends on what you want it for.

They are the same company, and generally Rayburns include Central
Heating capacity (some don't), while Agas are just cookers.

Agas can also run your hot water. Not sure about the heating.

I'm in two minds about what to go for - I do need central heating, but
depending upon what I can source, I may go for separate boiler rather than
fully integrated in the range.