Old January 2nd 06, 01:01 PM

Default V2 Retro Classic Rollerski Feedback?

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the three-wheel V2 SR 100 Retro
Classic or Aero Retro Classic rollerskis this spring and am looking for
some feedback from anyone using either rollerski. (Apologies if
thinking spring this time of year is heresy, but the pitiful snowfall
thus far in my neck of the woods has me already longing for
rollerskiing.)

First, how's the durability of the "never-go-flat" SR 100 tires on the
SR 100 Retro Classic? Is the never-need-air feature of these tires
reason enough to go with the SR 100 Retro Classic over the Aero Retro
Classic? And, for anyone who is using the calf-activated break, is the
brake more effective with the SR 100 tire or the Aero tire? Is skier
weight a factor in recommended use of one ski over another, as it seems
to be with Aero 125 vs. 150? (I'm 185 lbs.)

Also, since I'll be using Salomon Profil bindings, I'm wondering if the
weight of either rollerski warrants a stiffer toe bumper. Go with the
classic yellow or the skate red?