Old September 9th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

Default Science behind skiing

Way to score an extra credit!

Perhaps you could explore what makes for the optimum glide. Length/width of
the skis relative to body weight. Is it the smallest or the biggest that
will still be somewhat practical for propulsion? Wide and short, narrow and
long, etc, what are pro's and cons?

That's one great dream to persue, becoming a ski designer, go all for it!

Good luck,

"Nordic_Addict" schreef in bericht

I am currently in high school, and to recieve an extra credit, I have
decided to write a thesis about the science behind nordic skiing. This
includes physics, what happens with friction, the effects of wax on the
ski, how each wax is different and so on. I already have several
articles, but I think that it would be great to get firsthand
knowledge. Plus its much easier in case I need clarifacation. I would
be beyond grateful if anyone would be able to help me with this.
Just as a point of interest, I hope to get a job as a ski
design/engineer after college.

--
Nordic_Addict