Old July 26th 04, 11:05 AM
32 degrees

Default vasaloppet 2006

Unfortunately the vasaloppet and birkebeineren are 2 or 3 weeks apart !! I
would ceratinly love to stay in Sweden/Norway/Finland for that long but my
wife and kids might not think so !!

I'll have to do the Birkebeinerenett for my 50th !

JK

"Terje Mathisen" wrote in message
Gary Jacobson wrote:
Probably best to fly into Stockholm and train up to Mora. Maybe stop off
along the way at a WC venue to ski.

Most people don't know/realize this, but Vasaloppet is actually held not
too far away from Birkebeineren, and closer to Oslo than Stockholm!

(I just checked my maps: It is just 102 km between the two starting
towns, Rena and Sälen. The road distance is closer to 160 km, i.e. 100
miles)

According to Garmin Mapsource, the best driving route from Oslo to Sälen
is 327 km, while it is 416 km from Stockholm.

I.e. it is quite possible to visit both Norway and Sweden on a trip to

Vasa.

Terje
--
-