Old October 21st 04, 10:17 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:34:06 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

I'm going to be on Manhattan (staying on 17th street between 2nd and 3rd
Aves) for 10 days. Not wanting to gouge another hole in my training, I'm
thinking of bringing my running clothes. The closest place to run seems to
be a 1/2 mile away along the east river. Do any of you locals have a better
a suggestion? I guess the real question is: does it make sense to take a
train up to central park or to hike cross town to that big complex on the
Hudson (Chelsea piers) just to get in an hour or two of LSD? I would gladly
pay a day fee at a gym, but haven't found a flatiron or Chelsea one on the
web yet.

For running, try both the East River and Central Park (by cab or train
to the park) and see which you like. Central Park is really nice.
The east river is less interesting -- flatter -- though decent views.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com