Old April 18th 06, 09:41 PM

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:
There is the fiddle-factor w/ split boards, but you're saving all that
weight of carrying approach skis or snowshoes. For dyed-in-the-wool (err,

Ssssh! You are letting them on in their prep time and my ski time.

something like that) backcountry snowboarders, the splitboard seems to be
the logical choice. They're not going to be riding a cafeteria tray in
undulating terrain.

Actually, I know guys who would take a tray just to take a tray.

But to match your uphill, I think it was one of the Duckboy books
which has the rocket powered toboggan.

Rocket powered toboggan? What if you miss the switchback?

Hey it's Duckboy humor. It's the last if not next to last photo in the
book. It might be on the guys web site. BUT the postcards I like from
the series are "The militia gets its first battleship" [first I
purchased] and "Honey roll over your are snoring...." with the husband
running, a mountain lion on his sleeping bag and sleepy wife.