Old March 1st 06, 05:36 PM

Mark,

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. The big question is, does this
count as a Birkie completed? Seems like it should count as two.

Anyone else ski the Birkie? It seems quite around here.

Wonderful course, great grooming, perfect weather (well, compared to
thunder storms...). I'm hearing a lot of joking about the Elite Wave
clothing requirments.

I got off to a rocky start (got tangled up twice) and was searching for
a new pole for 4 km. I got a noodle replacement at the start of the
Powerlines, but kept asking for a better pole along the route. I
finally got one of my poles and a bottle at Mosquito Brook from the
Wenner Team technician. (She was right next to the Italian Team
technician.) Other than a sore left forearm, I felt good after the
race. No cramps, coherent speech, "I need a brat." I even led our
two-some most of the way across the lake since Jey was complaining of
being tired. (Fool me once...I got your number next time.)

Jay Wenner

Mark wrote:
I was driven to Gravel Pit, where I was loaded onto an ambulance and
transported to Hayward. The diagnosis was a broken left collarbone. It
will heal, in time. But my skiing is over for the winter.