Old December 25th 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Meg

Default temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

So I guess I have 2 problems. I need glide wax, and also the snow is
sticking to the kick zone.

Can the same product be used to solve both problems.

The stores ARE open tomorrow - I was wrong when I said Monday.
Locally, it appears these are my two options other than makeshift
solutions. Anything I'm likely to find locally are going to be either
for snowboards or downhill skis as you can't buy cross country skis
here.

This universal temperature wax by swix is at rei.

http://www.rei.com/product/777576

Or this soy based wax at the other store that sells ski supplies.

http://www.alpineshop.com/products2....x/brand/DAKINE

Am I better off just waiting until tomorrow and getting one of these
to use on the whole ski and ordering something online more
specifically for cross country skis for the future?