Old March 14th 04, 08:14 PM
Bob

Default Ride "Profile" What is this board good for?

Thanks for the comments. Our training director, after a clinic
session, told me to KEEP the board. I guess it's made a positive
difference to my riding. You're right about the edges. I caught
edges several times the first couple days on it. I do have a bit
of a problem getting it to carve cleanly. Maybe I'm just not
heavy enough to load it sufficiently, or maybe I just haven't
figured the board out yet.

Bob

"RR" wrote in message
I had a Profile.. till it got stolen :-(

Awesome, mid/hi-performance board if somewhat unforgiving and

rigid.

164 will be BIG for you!!! It's a LOT of stiff plank for your

weight, and
unless you've got a decent set of legs on ya', you may find it

a burden
doin' anything tight (trees, moguls etc.). Having said that

though, and the
fact that it's several inches oversize for ya, I reckon you'll

LOVE it as a
big Powder board!!!

Bounces over or through slush and chop... but will grab an edge

instantly if
you get too sloppy on any ice/hardpack!

Ridden hard though, give it heaps, and it will hold onto

ANYTHING. Not for
the first-timer or faint hearted.

Enjoy.

"Bob" wrote in message
I have an opportunity to buy this board, a 164, for $100 with
ride bindings. Is this a good board? What type of riding is

it
for? Would it be suitable for a 165 lb man?

Bob