Old November 21st 03, 01:33 AM
Gary Jacobson

Default V2 Aero 150 Frame failure

The newer design creates a more rigid fork which probably is stronger.
I am about your weight and never broke the older frame, but the fork would
bend.
We are at the max. of weight for just about any standard roller ski shaft.
I don't think that "demanding" will get you anywhere. Just telling them what
happened.
1500 miles is not a lot of miles, but big guys like us can put a lot of
stress on frames.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

"BeeCharmer" wrote in message
om...
Very disconcerting experience last night rollerskiing down the last
hill to the car. The rear wheel on one ski just flopped over causing
a spill. Couldn't figure out what had happened in the semi-dark until
I saw the ripped metal at the joint of the fork and ski body.

I'm a big guy, 100kg, and have skied about 1500 miles on the skis, but
is failure of the frame something to be expected? I couldn't find any
warrantee info at the website and won't be able to get someone on the
phone until Monday. I did notice that the current frames have some
type of reinforcement at the area that failed on my skis. What do you
think: should I demand replacement frames (I don't really trust the
other ski anymore). Anyone here experience a similar failure?

Thanks,

chris
ne iowa