Old January 13th 04, 05:13 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-13, John Smith penned:
I posted this message over a week ago! And it finally shows up today.
Go figure.

Thanks all for the answers.

I guess, one of the things I'm trying to understand is, what is it
that a good skiier is doing as they seem to be moving straight down
the hill (the fall line as they see it) and they are smoothly making
tight rapid turns (or are they just moving skis from side to side).
Maybe they aren't trying to slow down; maybe they're going as fast as
they can but aren't dealing with the fear factor of falling and being
unable to meet the mortgage while they're laid up. Anyway, they look
great doing what they're doing; which to me is moving down the fall
line at their chosen speed (that is, obviously under control).

Fear is the great destroyer. If you're thinking about your mortgage
while you're skiing, I'm amazed you're not in a full body cast already!

What kinds of runs are you skiing when you feel this sort of fear?
Maybe you could work on your turns on a slightly less steep slope, then
gradually work your way up to steeper stuff.

My kids are switching to snowboards, so while they're taking board
lessons, I'll be taking my own.

Good plan!

--
monique