Old May 27th 13, 10:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default 10 mm baskets on 7 mm poles

Races I do these years are mostly held late late in spring, when the snow is wet and soft. Did "Ski To sea" at Mt Baker, WA yesterday: it hasn't gone below freezing for several nights in a row, and it was 40F at the start and raining. The tiny baskets on my 7 mm exels sank so deep, it was frustrating to pole up long hills. Any tips on reliably (and reversibly) fitting bigger 10 mm Swix baskets, on 7 mm Exels? Worried about swing weight, too. I could take bigger Swix racing poles and drill tiny holes in them all over to reduce weight weight, but the question on matching pole diameter still remains.