Old March 8th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry

Default Telemarking on Non Fluffy Snow

A lot of it is just practice on harder snow, as it acts much
differently than powder. Make sure to distribute your weight through
both skis, and drive with the edges. It'll feel a lot different than
powder, but then again, its almost a different game.
-Rusty

On Feb 22, 2:46 pm, "EdV" wrote:
gear?--

I am going to focus on technique. I think getting a better hockey stop
at the end of the run is the big thing. I can ski around the people
on the slopes. It is down at the bottom of the run where huge masses
of people tend to collect that it gets a little hairy.

We are supposed to get snow in Minneapolis this weekend so I am
looking forward to some sweet mellow carving in semi fluffy snow.

Thanks much to all,
Ed V.