Old August 31st 05, 10:56 AM
ant

Richard Henry wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message

There's actually an Austrailian restaurant in Flagstaff - I forget
what it's called, but I've been there and the food was pretty good.
Probably not authentic, but who can say?

Outback is not really an Australian restaurant.

Here's a pretty representative menu of what you'll find at most Oz eateries
nowadays (Australian cuisine as opposed to the various ethnic ones).
http://www.redochregrill.com.au/menu.html
There's a craze on mashed stuff being underneath the meat, for some reason.
I was working in the kitchen of a pricey-ish mountain restaurant last
season, and they'd actually use slices of fat pvc pipe to pile up the food
and make sure the mash was in a neat circle. then they'd pull off the pipe
and there was a neat stack of food. I always wondered how they did those
stacks...

--
ant