Old October 8th 03, 03:43 PM
pigo

Default Where were you when xxx accident happened?

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message
Here's a morbid, on topic related thread for you.

Where were you when such and such accident occurred?

When the bullwheel came off the lift on North Peak at Keystone, I was
out racing somewhere, I think Breck. Didn't really hear about it

until
I got home...

As I mentioned, I was at work at a nearby ski area when the Squaw Tram
had it's mishap.

Then I was in the pc gondola, with a little NZ chickee, when Challenger
blew up. They had it on the chalkboard when I got off. It freaked me
out. It was like I wasn't connected to my feet. I took one run and skied
to the bottom. Done for the day.

Again, when Craig Badami (VP of marketing and son of owner Nick of pcsa
and friend) was killed in a helicopter crash at the bottom of the ski
area while cleaning up gear from the WC race, I was in the gondola with
his wife. That really sucked. At the top we only heard of the accident,
the full extent came later.

pigo