Old December 25th 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 16:15:40 -0800 (PST)
Meg wrote:

Hi. I am new to cross country skiing - bought them last year at the
end of the season, and we have occasional snow. They are Alpine
Control waxless skis. I did not have the trouble with the snow
sticking to the skis on the first snow, but it was much colder. Our
second snow today is a wetter snow and it's very difficult to move
without getting snowballs on the bottom of the skis.

Silicon spray or something similar lightly on the kick zone works
fine. Heck, if I was really desperate, maybe rub in a little bar soap
- or a very very light touch of cooking oil? If I understand the
problem correctly, you just need to coat the waxless pattern area (kick
zone) to keep the snow from sticking. The rest of the ski, which I
hope is glide waxed, shouldn't be a problem.

Gene