Old December 24th 10, 07:13 PM
Jan Gerrit Klok Jan Gerrit Klok is offline
Member

Location: Netherlands
Send a message via MSN to Jan Gerrit Klok Send a message via Yahoo to Jan Gerrit Klok

I've been interested in Combi skis for groomed touring. A skater primarily, I sometimes will stumble upon classic-only trails which I cannot double pole all the way up (need to work on that).

Something new is on the market, and I will demo it end of January.

http://www.scandinavianoutdoorstore....t/intelligrip/

Some sort of removable grip skin, offering heaps of grip. I've been told in a few words that it works to satisfaction.
I've been thinking of inventing such a product myself, and am delighted I now don't have to anymore. Although I am already thinking of enhancement, from what I see in the pictures. If the add-on offers A LOT of grip, the stiffer flex of the skating ski may be less of an issue? A longer, thinker grip layer will be engaged similarly to a regular one on a regular classic ski? Glide will be much slower, obviously, but we're talking about being able to stick to the tracks, and not get cold hiking deep snow in skating boots.

I'll be sure to review on here and xcskiforum.com when I've had the chance to demo them.