Old January 26th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default pressing ski boot shells

VtSkier wrote:
The heat gun, BTW,
will be the least expensive item you'll need.

Last time I punched a boot I dropped the whole shell into boiling water
- no heat gun. For me the tricky part was applying the stretch
internally without also stretching the opposite side.

The original poster also needs to be aware that the toe box shape, sole
shape, AND relative position are part of the DIN specification that
bindings work against. You can't just mess with either of them at will.

You need a big pot if you go the hot water route, but all is not lost.
Fortunately such a big pot can do double duty for boiling the wort while
beer making.