Old March 30th 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Christian G. Becker[_2_]

Default how fast do you go?

Am 05.03.2010 23:49, schrieb Mike M. Miskulin:
hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured?

I have a GPS-logger with display and speed-measuring. Got 75 km/h at two
points in the recent winter:
* at Les Crosets in Portes Du Soleil (Swiss/France): under the Les
Mossettes - Lift at the Abricotine - slope. You have to speed up there
to make it to the next lift. Darn blue slopes with hills
* at Åre (Sweden): the Paradisbacken - slope in Duved. Hard and cold snow.

I only take the thing out at places where I can keep an eye on the
display, it is rather meant to log the places I've taken photos of on
the slopes. Maybe I'll look into the gathered data, if I can calculate
speeds from it.

Krischan