Old March 10th 05, 07:52 PM
Mike Watson

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:15:01 +0000, Colin McAlpine CS2001
wrote:

Hey, I'm looking to get my first real set up and was looking to see if
anyone could shed any light on how good flow bindings are versus strap
bindings. i'm looking at getting the Amp5 FR.

Cheers,

OLi

I have a 3 season old pair of FL5's and love them to bits (well as
much as you can feel emotionally attached to a set of bindings!)

Never had any of the questions that other posters have mentioned.

(I assume you are over in Glasgow)
Probably best to try to make sure you like them, dont know if a local
dry slope will have them? I did see a rental board at glenshee with
flows although they looked like they came out the ark.

Benefits? Well theres the obvious strapping in off a lift that joe
mentioned.

I also found that they really helped with heel lift.

This season in Scotland I rented boards due to the "variable nature"
of our pistes at times and found that 3 different sets of strap
bindings all concentrated the pressure too much.