Old February 28th 05, 05:54 PM
Eric

That's quite the radical duck stance. I really can't comment too
much on the duck thing as I don't do it and it just doesn't look
functional to me for the sort of riding I like to do.

I was thinking that too - might be making it pretty hard on the
moguls and stuff.

Changing from 30/20 to 27/-3 or 24/-6 has given me more
confidence somehow. In particular, I have an easier time
transitioning to toe-side turns.

I'm thinking I'll try some more forward angles next time I go out. I
agree that the duck stance has given me more confidence with toe-side
turns...I think that's why I did it to begin with. But, it sounds like
if I could get used to some higher forward angles, like Neil mentioned,
it could possibly help my bump riding and eliminate the need for a wide
board, which some of the other posts mentioned as potentially
increasing the difficulty in riding bumps.

After this, maybe I'll demo a slightly more flexy board and see how it
treats me.

Thanks
Eric