Old April 8th 16, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Engleberg skiing

Champ wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:29:52 +0100, PipL wrote:

Which is why I usually walk rather than take the bus.

It was easier last time, though: one of the advantages of snowboarding boots.

I thought one of the advantages of snowboarding boots was to fell smug
in the company of skiers when having to walk anywhere?

At its apogee on the arrette from Aiguille de Midi to the starting
point of the Vallee Blanche

Take snow crampons for your ski boots for this descent. It's snow and
steep so a hard boot like an Alpine boot or a ski boot is best.

Frankly, the next time I ski this I am going to ski straight from the
head exit along the VB side and then down the couloir or the face and
over the bergschrund.

That circus of guided skiers all crawling down the fixed rope is
really annoying.