Old January 16th 05, 01:39 AM
rosco

marty wrote:

Windy. Heavy snow during the morning will give way to snow showers during

the afternoon. High 34F.

Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 6 to 10

inches.

When I see a weather report like the one above, I stay home and wait for the
next opportunity. It's the wind prediction that makes me think skiing would
be drudgery instead of a day of good fun.

I don't have enough experience to know what I'm missing. It's a 3.5 hour
drive each way for me, without stopping and slowing for chain requirements,
so I tend to wuss out when I see heavy winds predicted. Am I missing good
skiing days by staying home because of worries over blizzard skiing?

I can't begin to count the amount of skiers I have listened to (on
working days)in amazement as they complain about the weather when it is
dumping... "(whine) I can't ski in all this snow". Perhaps you are one
of these people? If so, thank you for keeping the lines short on the
best of days.

In all fairness, nasty winter weather is a fetish of mine and is not for
everyone and mostly likely not for many except a relative few twisted
individuals, some of who post at rsa.

RAC