Old January 9th 05, 01:47 AM
marty

Default Am I missing good Lake Tahoe ski days?

Windy. Heavy snow during the morning will give way to snow showers during
the afternoon. High 34F.
Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 6 to 10

inches.

When I see a weather report like the one above, I stay home and wait for the
next opportunity. It's the wind prediction that makes me think skiing would
be drudgery instead of a day of good fun.

I don't have enough experience to know what I'm missing. It's a 3.5 hour
drive each way for me, without stopping and slowing for chain requirements,
so I tend to wuss out when I see heavy winds predicted. Am I missing good
skiing days by staying home because of worries over blizzard skiing?