Old January 21st 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Switters

Default Italy recommendations

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:18:41 GMT, Ace allegedly
wrote:

Well yes, to get to Alagna involves either a couple of cruisy runs and
chair lifts or just one that's a bit of a hack with some flats (fine
for skiers, but some boarders will struggle) to access the required
cable-car to the Salati pass.

I can get through most flats, but the Mrs has a, umm, different technique.
I'll try it sometime whilst she sups a latte.

Accessing Champoluc would normally be easiest via the shuttle bus
already mentioned, but can also be acheived from the Jolanda lift, via
one more chair lift and a _glorious_ long black/itineraire run down.

Sounds good - I'll check the piste map and get back to you if it's not
obvious.

Thanks for all the info.