Old February 16th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Andrew Wright

Default Heel lift wedge under binding?

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"Andrew Wright" wrote in message
. net...
I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a

bit.
Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft boot
setup?

I just made some. I carefully sawed a chunk of 3/4" plywood
with a handsaw to 1/4" thick on one edge and 1/2" on the other
making two wedges. I then cut them to the shape of the binding
and hole sawed out the center for the screws, primed and
painted them, and coated top and bottom with a thin layer
of potyurethene caulk to make them "rubbery" so they'ed
stay in place. They seem to work fine after adding the
polyurethane. I tried them without it and they moved while
riding. Careful screw length selection was needed also.

Bob

I'd pretty much come to that conclusion myself. The polyurethene hadn't
occurred to me, though.

Thanks,
Andrew