Old October 20th 03, 07:45 PM
David Off

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

Ace wrote:
partially due to the implosion of RSA, RSRE has become _the_ de-facto
ski discussion group.

The thing that is good about r.s.r.e is that it is a relatively ego-less
newsgroup (well apart from me :-). There are people who either live in
the resorts, like Simon, PG and Ian or like you, ski a great deal during
the season. Mix this in with the international angle contributed by
people like Nicolas Masson and all the UK based skiers who have their
own wants and needs and it can make for interesting and informed, if
heated, debates. I notice from the French Tourist board that the number
of UK and Irish based skiers organising their own ski holidays rather
than doing a bed-and-butter package is growing each year, something
n.g.s like this can help.

Anyway this is just a discussion, if it comes to a CFD we can voice our
opinions either way as to whether the group gets created. With things
like the snowdomes and dry skiing there are perhaps aspects of skiing
that are not well catered for here and would pick up a new audience. At
the moment I just see it as another n.g.