Old March 29th 04, 02:22 PM
phil

Default chamonix - how hardcore?

Well you're asking the right questions. Although the views are second
to none, and it's a steep old place, my view would be that it's not
all that good if you're going to be bashing the pistes.

When I was there a few weeks ago there was little fresh snow and
sod-all low down, so the off-piste wasn't very attractive. On piste
there were lots of holiday boarders sideslipping around. I think
they'd have been better off somewhere with more motorway.

It all depends what you're after, and what the specific snow
conditions are when you're there.