Old January 27th 04, 12:25 PM
Douglas Diehl

Default The Tug Hill Tourathon, Can Entries Ever Reach The Level They Once Were?

Eddie I was hoping you could offer some ideas how to increase numbers
at the Tourathon, but I guess it is easier jumping all over my post.
Moreover, you have it backwards, it is an insult to participants who
pay fees equal with other regional marathons, travel great distances,
and not guarantee grooming or amenities. Personally I know a dozen or
so skiers who will never go back to the Tourathon, because of negative
experiences. I experienced the same shortcomings, but always paid the
$50 and went back. I was hoping they would get it right. One year I
stayed at the start for the night in my tent. There were no tracks on
the course this night, or the next morning. The next day at the start
Jay explained to everyone the tracks were taken out that morning by
snowmobiles… interesting. Of course I appreciate the efforts of
race organizers and volunteers at the Tourathon. I put on races as
well and it is no easy task. If Tug Hill were closer I would volunteer
myself. The efforts of Russ and Bob in making the Tourathon more
professional were also appreciated. Knowing the unique resource the
Tug Hill Plateau offers is why we all continue supporting the
Tourathon each year. Apparently you lost the intention of my post,
because increasing the entries of the Tourathon back to earlier levels
would benefit everyone. So what about changing the format back to a
freestyle, or both?