Old October 10th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
AES

Default Geographic Feature N of Donner Lake and Truckee?

In article ,
Alun Evans wrote:

However, zooming down to the max extent possible, doesn't show any
visible towers or other structures (for me, anyway), and there's no
obvious continuation of the feature at either the E or W ends.

I can see the towers?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...03182,0.005445
&t=h&z=18

Thin black lines.

The ones in the N gap are double towers.

You're absolutely right -- though they look more like "poles" than
"towers" to me, and the width of the right of way seems larger than
really needed.

I'll ask around next winter -- maybe a larger capacity installation was
originally planned, or there's some other story behind it.

Thanks . . .