Old September 23rd 03, 09:33 AM
Kiki

Default Chamonix v. Val D'Isere v. Verbier v. St. Anton

Una volta, Saroff ha provato a di

Hello.

I am going out with a group of friends to do some Alps skiing in March
'04. We are in desperate need of some help from people who have been
there.

We are deciding between Chamonix, Val D'Isere, Verbier, and St. Anton,

....CUT...

Hi,

I'm a newby of this ng, but i write a lot on it.sport.sci and i'm very fond
of telemark freeriding.

My experience and what I know by my friends...

Verbier: very trendy in the night, a lot of "alternative" young boyz, a lot
of skibums... Very EXTREME skiing, if you like, with traces in many areas
were it's really increadible...

St.Anton: the preferred skiing station of the man that take mt to Verbier, a
very hard man. He says it's a very wonderful place

Cham: Obviously the the place with the most increadible panorama in the
alps... npothing to say about it! Beautiful, but i don't think it's so
extreme...

Consider that You can stay in Verbier and reach Chaminix in less than 2
hours... if you stay for more than 1 week you can consider to sit in
Verbier, take a car and then move to Chamonix for a couple of days and
Gressoney for 1, 2. Gressoney (close to Aosta) belong to Monterosa ski area,
it's very fast connected with Alagna, personally my preferred one, but i
don't look to extreme conditions (even if you can find a lot!!!!!!!!). Look
a t a map, it's all very close (with the Monte Bianco Tunnel)

Val D'Isere sorry, nothing to say...
--
Kiki

MSN