Old December 2nd 04, 09:40 PM
Dmitry

"lal_truckee" wrote

We'll probably want to visit either Denver or SLC and stay there for
half a day, but other than that any route would be good.

Denver's too far; even SLC is too far. Cover the goodies in Canada - Red, Fernie, etc; drop down to Montana, west Wy - JH, Targhee
(ski the pass a day) come back by way of Sun Bowl (and up the Sawtooth range for a visual treat.)

Some of us might have issues with having to do paperwork for crossing the
boarder, so Canada might not be in the cards. But the rest sounds good - thanks!

Oh yea, forgot snowkiting. Sun Valley will probably be on the list too, AFAIR
they even have a snowkiting school there (if that came through, was on the
kitesurfing maillist a while ago).

PS: I just made a trip to LA a month ago. 4000 miles in a week, OR, CA
coast plus all the goodies in the Sierras (Lassen, Tahoe, Yosemite, Death
Valley, Mono Lake, etc.). It really helps to have a good comfortable car
for such trips.