Old January 18th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default Tree & powder board

Switters wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:29:24 GMT, Switters allegedly
wrote:

I'm thinking I might get one of these, after a short play on a mate's
Fish last year. What else is out there that follows the same design
concepts?

Stupid fingers. I meant to say, what else is out there apart from the
Burton Fish, Burton Malolo[1] and Prior Khyber?

[1] Could this years graphics be any worse?[2]
[2] FFS trawling through Burton's website is painful.

Those ones are the major players (nothing will be as floaty or quick
turning as the Fish which has the most taper at 3cm I think)... but
several companies make moderate powder boards with some taper to them
that make them easier to handle in tight powder. Consider the Venture
Euphoria, Neversummer Summit, Nitro Pantera, Nidecker Megalight,
Option Northshore, Libtech Mullet (that's about the order I would
recommend them in). Check there specs, more taper usually means more
float and quicker, surfy turns like the Fish.