Old April 15th 06, 04:56 PM

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:42:13 GMT, "Simon Isbister"
wrote:

I've started to see more of those mini approach skis (I think dynafit makes
one that only comes in 130 cm) being marketed to snowboarders. Ski up,
board down. Seems like alot of weight, no matter how light the skis are.

I looked into them myself, as I was tired of hiking in snowshoes, and
was running out of money for helicopters :-)

However, everyone who'd used them said the really didn't work very
well - too little surface area meant they sank too far, and were
barely any less work than snowshoes.
--
Champ