Old April 14th 06, 02:19 AM

In article .com,
liv wrote:
sure skiing is a good time. but snowboarding is where it's at. ...
again i haven't really been skiing before, i mean, i attempted it once
when i was ten and cried the whole time. any suggestions on making a
transition from boarding to skiing?

(Eugene Miya) wrote in news:443d4314$1@darkstar:
Try boarding up hill.

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:
This seems to be fairly popular in the Xxxxx
http://www.voile-usa.com/splthdr01.html
It's the "AT" of snowboarding, although they have a freeheel. If I was
going to snowboard (hah!), I'd git me one of them there Voile Swallowtails.

Sure. I've seen split boards. I've also seen a lot of boarders carry or
wear snow shoes. I don't care which techniques you use to get down.
I care less if a person not on my trip carries extra weight.
The main thing is to take one's time fiddling with board ski up or down.

But to match your uphill, I think it was one of the Duckboy books
which has the rocket powered toboggan.