Old October 2nd 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw

Default back on the snow

Switters wrote:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:03:31 GMT, jw
allegedly wrote:

Jeez, just checked the rest of the posts. Traffic has certainly
lightened up a bit here, eh??? I leave for a while and this place goes
to pot!!! ;-)

As Champ says, it's partly down to the season and this group being
primarily subsribed to by North Americans and Europeans.

I know, I want to go to NZ to surf and snowboard
one day.

You were never mean to me...I was probably mean
to a few people once or twice, but didn't really mean
it...

I know you from when you were briefly on alt.surfing
as well (Foon is still there, Dave Blake, T. Keener,
Surfer Bob, and a bunch of others. But swort of like
here, traffic can go way down, in part due to as you
say Web-based forums, which can suck for the
reasons you stated, even though content can be
really good. It's just hugely inefficient compared with
Usenet. (Google aint that grewat either, and I use
a newsreader usually, just this when at my desk
sometimes). I think those of us who got on here
back in the day (me, 1996?) still use the news-
readers....no problem if people don't, whatever works
for ya.

I've been spending WAY more time in the water
the last ten years or so than snowboarding, but I still
have my ol' trusty Burton A.deck (in great shape considering
it's age.) I put probably 50 days on it when I worked
at Mount Snow (1995 - 1996). Then loaned it to my
brother who used it for a year or two (learned on it). I
still also have my 2004 Santa Cruz big mountain board -
I think it's called the W164. I'm only 5'9" and about
160lbs, but the board is really maneuverable, and
fast as sh*t.

Not sure I posted this earlier, but you can see the logos
he

http://the_urchin.home.comcast.net/photos/logos1.html

Me on the old A.deck:

http://the_urchin.home.comcast.net/photos/snow.html

Not trying to promote any one company or anything, just
FYI.

Anyway, good to hear from you again, and others. I'll
read rest of your reply when I have more time...I'm on
deadline for work right now. Saving msgs. I don't get
to right away.

btw, I hope I can pull this snowboard thing off. Burton
is a client of my brother's co., etc. I'm just doing it in
my spare time as I also do my regular freelance work
to keep food on the table.

Talk to you later,

-jw
--