Old September 17th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Ace[_3_]

Default Thread Hijack: Skiing in Chile

On 17 Sep 2009 18:38:55 GMT, "Buzby" wrote:

Ace wrote:

On 17 Sep 2009 16:47:14 GMT, "Buzby" wrote:

As per subject - anyone been? Recommendations?

Can I get back to you in a couple of weeks? I'm sitting in the lounge
at LHR waiting for my flight to Buenos Aires, from where I'll be
joining my newly-BASI-level2-qulified wife at Bariloche (in Argentina)
and skiing both there and some of the Chilean resorts which are
apparently just a few hours away in a rental car.

I'll try and do a full write up when I get back. If anyone objects to
it being here, on RSREurope, well, I'll be very surprised, and not in
the least bit bothered ;-)

Ha! You lucky git.

You make your own luck.

Enjoy. I'll be picking your brains on your return!

Please do so. I confess to knowing almost nothing about where we're
going to ski, but in this I'm quite happy to leave the decision-making
to J, who will have the benfefit of local knowledge, having been there
for eight weeks now.

And she's not really 'lucky' to be there either. Sure, she's still
being paid as a full-time employee while she's there, but on the flip
side come December she's out of a job.

On the other flip side, she'll walk in to any number of consultancy
jobs, while doing the odd but of instructing in Engelberg and reaping
all the benefits thereof, like free lift pass and hyooge discounts on
everything.

Well, that's _my_ plan, anyway. Hers may be slightly different :-}