Old February 20th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Revenge of the Snurfer!

On Feb 20, 9:53*am, snoig wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:57*pm, wrote:

1. They are giving the "inventor" of the "no-board" too much credit
for starting something new, IMO. What he's really done is resurrect
the Snurfer, as you point out. The only difference between a no-board
and a Snurfer appears to be that the no-board is based on a modern
snowboard rather than a crappy piece of plastic.

Actually, the original Snurfer was a not so crappy piece of plywood if
I remember correctly. *And I actually rode one a few times back when I
was a kid.

Something like this is worthless once the snow has been broken up. *It
can really only be used on unbroken snow. *I've seen some films on RSN
where some surfer dudes takes their surf boards out and ride them in
the back country. *So this entire article is really a big 'so what,
people have been doing that for years'.

But without the imprimatur of a trend piece in the New York Times.
That alone must make it more worth doing.

Joe Ramirez