Old December 25th 04, 05:03 AM
Steve H

Steve H wrote:
To All:

My 6 or 7 year old halogen headlamp broke and I can't fix it so I am
looking for a replacement. I only use it in emergencies such as having
to ski out in the dark and see the trail. Using it to read a book in a
tent is NOT important. These days, there are both halogen and LED
headlamps available. Any recommendations on LED v. halogen and any
recommendations on particular models is appreciated. If it takes AA
batteries that is a plus as my beacon runs on AA's too.

Thanks,

Steve

To those who replied, thanks.

I really do not want to spend lots of money on a headlamp that I will
seldom use. The old one that broke cost me under $20 and sat in my pack
most of the time and was only used a few times over the 6 or 7 years
that I owned it. Each time was when I had to ski or hike out in the
dark due to unexpected circumstances. Some of the recommendations here
are real expensive for something that I will seldom use.

Steve