Old December 14th 04, 12:53 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Breck control work (was Control Work at Alta, Today, 12/10/04

AstroPax wrote:
Alta, today, 12/10/04.

If anyone is interested, a few shots taken during control work
activity...

Wimpy!!! You Utah guys don't know big slides. This is a big slide:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/BFSlide.jpg

This is Breckenridge control work Saturday caught mid-slide as the patrol
brought down the north half of Horseshoe Bowl. The crown is up to 8-10
feet, in my guess. Also note debris at the left from when they brought down
the south side of the bowl. Peak 7 went to the dirt Sunday, too.

At least we got rid of those early season conditions and can start building
the ski base.

Sorry to hear about the Utah deaths and your injury, Astro. Bummers. (An
acquaintance was lost to a Utah slide last year).

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us