Old August 25th 03, 07:21 PM
lal_truckee

Default As if....

Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Yessiree. I was just on one of those Jetliner contraptions yesterday;
that makes me a - (wait for it - timing's important in comedy, according
to Bob Hope - waiting ... waiting...) A Skier! A clear threat to the
environment. A terriorist of powder, willing to chew up acres and acres
of pristine untracked.

And here I thought you were one of those people with the forethought to
plan their lives to reside in a place where you don't have to get on a
jetliner to ski. (Unlike us poor slobs who move to the midwest, put
down roots, and discover skiing late in life...)

What gives? South America? New Zeland? Don't tell me you wasted
airfare on a trip that doesn't involve skiing?

Did you know there's no snow in the Virgin Islands? Came as a surprise
to me! I even brought my favorite skis; usually when transfers are
involved I just bring my boots. Dam uninformative tourist brochures.